March 29, 2013
1. If I could go anywhere on a road trip, I’d go to Cape Cod — love it there!
2. People being rude to one another is something I don’t understand.
3. Easter makes me think of my faith and what I believe and gives me hope.
4. Reading a good book is the best way to relax!
5. It looks like Spring when I start seeing the ducks and geese pair off into couples — I know the little ones will be here soon!
6. Dried pineapple is one of my favorite healthy snacks.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to going to church (well, this afternoon really), tomorrow my plans include going to a wake and then the Easter Vigil and Sunday, I want to celebrate Easter (and write a paper for class)!
March 15, 2013
1. I was looking for some delicious flavored water that I had in Massachusetts last summer and finally found it in my town!
2. Enjoying a casual meal and a glass of wine is one of my favorite ways to socialize with my friends. (see below!🙂)
3. I looked at the clock and couldn’t believe it was already 11:00 am.
4. Pilot G-2 gel pen in blue is the type of pen I most prefer to use.
5. What in the world is with the snow this morning. I am ready for spring!
6. Hitting every red light on my way to/from work seems to happen to me often.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to going out with the girls, tomorrow my plans include going to a banquet with my husband and Sunday, I want to do some cleaning!
March 8, 2013
1. Life is good!
2. When I took the dogs out last night, it was really cold and then a little snow fell.
3. I knew it was love when that little puppy wagged her tail at me.🙂
4. I am so looking forward to sunshine and blue skies. I need it!
5. A little nap is wonderful when it turns into a long cozy nap.
6. Grilled fish and fresh salad are my favorite things to eat for dinner.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to stations of the cross at church, tomorrow my plans include going to Mass and then to my niece and nephew’s high school musical and Sunday, I want to make some art!
February 8, 2013
1. In New England, whale watching is fabulous!
2. We’re supposed to get LOTS of snow today, but not as much as the East Coast.
3. Ahhhh, I started using a white noise app on my desk and work and I feel calmer already.
4. Water coloring is my favorite thing to do nowadays.
5. Last night, I had a dream about nothing…which was good. I’ve been having weird dreams lately and I appreciate a night when a I don’t remember the craziness that went on in my dreams.
6. I love to cook veggies at a high temperature with some salt, pepper and olive oil, which is the perfect way to roast and carmelize them. Delish!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to going to a high school musical in which my friends’ daughters are performing, tomorrow my plans include going to the market and church and Sunday, I want to go buy some new colored pencils!
February 1, 2013
Posted by mhenny under Friday Fill-Ins
1. Sniff, sniff…what is the deal with my nose still acting like it has a cold? LOL!
2. I’m not a big sports fan, but I’m looking forward to a Super Bowl party on Sunday with my family.
3. What in the world are people thinking when they park illegally in fire lanes or handicapped spots?
4. Looking forward to some peace and quiet tomorrow — at least for a short while.
5. One of my dreams is to sell my artwork and/or cards.
6. Days with sunshine this week have been so few.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to girls’ night out, tomorrow my plans include studying for statistics and Sunday, I want to sleep in and go to a party!
January 25, 2013
1. Wow, this week has dragged, even with Monday off!
2. I love learning new trivia. Now, if I could only keep it in my head long enough, I’d be a rock star on Jeopardy.
3. Finally, I’m feeling better after being sick for a few weeks.
4. A cold spell is all right with me. That’s what winter is!
5. Sweet or savory: savory butternut squash soup with chipotle — perfect for a cold day.
6. Loving my black riding boots that are new.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to taking it easy and making some cards; tomorrow my plans include getting my hair cut and colored and going to a wine and beer fest with my brother, sister-in-law and niece; and Sunday, I want to finish up my reading for classes next week!
January 18, 2013
Posted by mhenny under Friday Fill-Ins
1. I love the feeling of being cozy in my bed in the morning. Especially on a morning like today — it’s only 15 degrees (F)! Brrr.
2. Seeing the duck couples swimming in the creek always brightens my day.
3. Forgiving and moving forward is what I will remember the most from 2012.
4. My favorite family recipe is my Mom’s stuffed and rolled flank steak. She always made it for my birthday when I was a kid. Oh, and lemon cake!
5. When I want to spoil myself I have a piece of Ghirardelli sea salt soiree dark chocolate. Delish!
6. Fringe is my favorite TV show. Sad that the series is ending!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to watching the series finale of Fringe, tomorrow my plans include cleaning the bathroom and going to church and Sunday, I want to go shopping at the art supply store!